Kombucha tea is a fermented detox drink, full of probiotics and amino acids, which has become very popular in recent years owing to its health benefits.
It makes sense that some of the foods that provide multiple benefits for our body are also beneficial if we apply them to our skin. This why superfoods such as kombucha tea are now being used in the cosmetics industry. We’re sure you’ve already heard kombucha mentioned many times by now!
What is the origin of kombucha tea?
Kombucha tea is not a recent invention, and it is known all around the world. The tea was already being used in traditional Chinese medicine thousands of years ago.
How is kombucha made?
It is made preferably from green or black tea. The tea undergoes a fermentation process which involves the use of a symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast, otherwise known as SCOBY or kombucha fungus.
The fungus has a somewhat gelatinous texture and is responsible for transforming the tea polyphenols into other organic compounds that prevent the formation of microorganisms. After leaving this mixture to ferment for a few days, a refreshing, slightly acidic drink is obtained: kombucha tea.
What are the properties of kombucha?
The Chinese referred to it as the “tea of immortality” given its antioxidant, energising and purifying properties.
- It strengthens the immune system
- Is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals
- Improves the liver and digestive function
- Has an antioxidant action
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Improves the elasticity of the skin by promoting the formation of collagen
- It is a natural moisturiser.
- Improves the appearance of the skin owing to its moisturising power
- Its vitamin C content helps to brighten the skin
- Its bacterial action eliminates the microorganisms that can cause inflammation
So, as you see, it’s no surprise that kombucha is known as a superfood!
Continuing with its SKINFOOD trend, Body Natur includes certain superfoods in the composition of its body care products.
Specifically, kombucha is one of the ingredients in this refreshing hair and body mist.
A refreshing biphasic mist made from green tea, kombucha and ginger. Suitable for hair and body.
With just one click it refreshes and provides well-being to the skin, moisturises, and perfumes the skin with a pleasant fragrance.
94% more moisturised skin
82% provides well-being and comfort to the skin
88% more toned skin