The cold weather is here for the next few months and can cause damage to our skin. Each season affects the skin in a different way, as do the habits we follow in each season. But one thing is certain, the cold weather often takes its toll on our skin.
If your skin is dull, dry and dehydrated, it’s time to sort out that tight skin!
Why does the cold affect our skin?
Low temperatures constrict the capillaries, which means that not enough oxygen or nutrients reach the dermis. Furthermore, the epidermis does not renew itself as quickly and dead skin cells tend to build up on the surface of the skin, causing it to look dull, tight, and dehydrated. And the skin can also become much more sensitive.
Here are some tips for caring for your skin in winter
To avoid neglecting your skin, the main thing you need to do is to incorporate specific routines into your skincare habits that will allow you to pamper yourself with minimal effort. Want to know how?
- Most importantly, drink plenty of water! This is also essential in winter. We need to hydrate our skin from the inside out.
- Avoid sudden changes in temperature, especially in the shower. Be careful! In winter we tend to overdo it with the hot water and this affects our skin, making it more vulnerable and dehydrated.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol. They are undoubtedly harmful, and not only to our health but also to our skin, as they generate free radicals and dry it out, making it look dull and devitalised.
- Increase your intake of fruit and vegetables. These will help boost your immune system and protect you from the inside. It’s time to reinforce your diet with lots of vitamin C.
- Don’t forget to use exfoliating products. Yes! Even in winter they are essential for removing dead skin cells and allowing your skin to breathe. Don’t forget to exfoliate your body too. We sometimes only exfoliate our face, but our body needs the same care.
- Moisturise, a lot! And, most importantly, do it every day. At Body Natur we have the perfect solution to revitalise your skin, and delight your senses at the same time. Coconut butter should be a must in your daily routine, to deeply moisturise and nourish your skin.
When you try the Body Natur coconut butter, you won’t want anything else – there’s nothing like it! Its light but creamy texture is ideal for preventing the cold from wreaking havoc on the dermis and causing dehydration. It is immediately absorbed into your skin, giving it instant softness. And the best thing is that it will protect your skin for 48 hours and give it an unmistakable coconut fragrance.
Prevent your skin from cracking, itching or flaking: a rescue remedy for the skin!
Coconut butter will not only repair and rebalance the skin, but also strengthen the hydrolipidic layer, preventing water from escaping from the skin. So your skin will be elastic, soft, and nourished. It’s ideal for any area of the body: legs, arms, elbows, knees, etc. It is absorbed so quickly, melting into the skin, that you can get dressed immediately after use.
If your skin is crying out for moisture, or is dry, itchy or flaky, then coconut butter will be your perfect ally this winter. Switch to Body Natur moisturising products and you’ll notice the difference.